23 Jun 2014

sunset smoke - inspired by ffimua

Hello Beautiful people;

Now, 12 months ago I was VERY afraid of using colour on my eyes apart from black, brown and all the standard neutral shades. HOWEVER, I met a wonderful Mac mua (Anna Williams) from the Sheffield counter whom has over the past year helped me fill my stunning mac eyeshadow palettes with lots of different, and occasionally scary (red brick i'm talking about you pal!) shades.

The look shown is incorporating some of my favourites to create a sunset blend as seen first time round done by the awesome urbanette ffi_mua (instagram). This smokey eye certainly packs a punch as well as being a fab all rounder for any skin tone/hair colour. 
I especially liked this look due to the warm tones used in and above the crease.
To achieve the sharp edge to this look use sellotape, make sure you don't put it over lashes though !
All of the products used on my eyes are listed below, as well as the prices.

Eyeshadow Primer: MAC Painterly £15
Eyeshadows: MAC red brick, fig1, swiss chocolate, rule and carbon £12.50 each
Urban Decay crave and venus from Naked Basics Palette £22
Estee Lauder last colour from Graphic Color Quad ltd editon 
Base for black: MAC fluidline in Blacktrack £15
Mascara: MAC False Lashes £18
Lashes: MAC 34's £10
Liner: MAC smolder £14

To go with the look I decided on a heavy brow that still looking very natural, you can get this look using both shadows and gel liners.
The products I used are as followed:

Gel Liner: MAC fluidline in dipdown £15
Eyeshadow: Urban Decay naked2 from Naked Basics £22

I'd love to know what you guys all think of the finished product so please don't hesitate to comment below! Any questions about this look will also be answered.

Thank you for reading!
Take Care.
lots of love, effstarbeauty x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...