1 Jul 2014

Er'day Brushes

Hello beautiful people;

Rather than making my last post super long I've split it up and I'm going to chew your ears off about the brushes I use everyday :)


My foundation brush is the Urban Decay Optical Blurring brush, this little sucker has been going strong for over 2 years now!! It effortlessly buffs your foundation into a state of perfection, fab for quick and easy application for all types of foundation. 

The powder brush I use is also by Urban Decay, its big and fluffy and this two has been used virtually everyday for 2 years! I cannot stress how good these brushes are. The best thing for me is that they'e vegan & cruelty free. The bristles are synthetic which makes them super easy to clean as well as keeping their shape & the handle is made from recycled drinks cans. Every single brush that Urban Decay make are made using the same materials and methods.

The last Urban Decay brush I am going to discuss is the Angled Blush Brush which I use for my blush and occasionally my bronzer when I'm not using a blush. Again, this brush is super soft and they literally last for years if you take good care of them !!


For my brows I use two brushes. To shape the brow itself I use MAC's 266 and for the concealer use underneath the brows I use MAC's 212. Both of these brushes are the best brow combo I've ever come across, I've tried many others including drugstore and nothing compare to these especially the 266.

When applying highlighter I just adore the Real Techniques Expert Face brush which most people use for foundation. As a foundation brush this just does not work for me in the slightest, however it is really good for blending out cream contour such as the Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel. 

I do like to have a good mix of high end and drugstore products in my daily make up kit, so for contouring my cheeks I use the Elf Small Tapered brush. My god, this is one of the best brushes I have ever used. This Elf brush picks up the perfect amount of product and blends your contour in just a few super soft sweeps.

Before I go, as someone will probably ask. I use MAC's Brush Cleanser and baby shampoo to clean my brushes.

What brushes are your favourite for daily use?
Thank you for reading !!
lots of love, effstarbeauty x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...