25 Jul 2014

Purple Smoke

Hello beautiful people;

"let me guide you to the purple rain"

This week has been a tough week to blog, a lot has happened in such a short space of time so I apologise for my absence!

Today I've got a look to show you all that I managed to squeeze in the other day! If you want to see a tutorial on this then please let me know in the comments section.
Just to confirm something, I am not a make up artist, I have received no training and I do not think I am better than I am! This look was quick and does need improvement.

I've just noticed how harsh my contour appears in this photo, it's actually just shadow from my cheekbones.

I absolutely love using purple on my eyes, its one of my favourite colours ever! For me its that step into colour from a dark shades like black and can be just as dramatic!


For the purple I used Stars n Rockets, Shadowy Lady and  Fig 1 which are all MAC shades.
For highlight shades I used Venus from the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette and MAC's Mylar :)
To finish off the look I lined my eyes with MAC's smolder eyeliner and blended it down it the lash line with a mix of Shadowy Lady & Fig 1. 
The eyeliner I used on the lid was MAC's fluidline in blacktrack with NYC's black liquid liner over the top to make a darker look.


Hope you enjoyed this post & look!
I'm off to get ready for Global Gathering, so you will have a festival look coming your way soon!

lots of love, effstarbeauty xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...