17 Jul 2014

Highlighter Heaven

Hello beautiful people;

"glow baby, glow. highlight inferno"

Recently I was ever so flattered by being called the 'Highlighter Queen' by a follower on Instagram so I thought I should let you all in on my secret stash of highlighters!
To be honest, I don't have a great deal of them!


WARNING!
MAC HEAVY POST!
I can't help it that I love MAC, I really can't. They truly have some of the best products on the market and their mineralize skin finish powders just happen to be my favourite things to highlight with.
So I apologise in advance to all of you that don't like MAC!


Left - MAC Perfect Topping MSF (limited edition)
Right - Too Faced Candlelight powder

Perfect Topping is a warm toned peach colour with hints of gold & champagne, its perfect to use anywhere on the face including down the centre!
Candlelight is a true champagne shade with gold flecks, personally I would only use this to highlight cheekbones and brow bone.


Left - MAC Definitely Defined (limited edition)
Right - MAC Centre of Attention (limited edition)

Definitely Defined is my favourite highlighter for summer because of its beautiful warm tone, it has a slight silvery pearl finish to it and it looks best on the tops of cheekbones.
Centre of Attention is my go to night out cheekbone highlighter, its very obnoxious this one! A beautiful pale pink shade with a splash of gold for warmth. I do only use this on the tops of my cheekbones and occasionally brow bones.


MAC Diamonds cream colour base (limited edition)

Diamonds is the only cream based highlighter I own and I love it for a fresh faced natural look, but I do also use it sometimes as a base for eyeshadows! With the consistency it can be used in pretty much anyway without it look cakey!


Swatches!
Left to Right: Perfect Topping, Candlelight, Definitely Defined, Centre of Attention and Diamonds 

Whats your favourite highlighting product?
Hope you enjoyed this post!
lots of love, effstarbeauty xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...