22 Oct 2014

#WCW

Hello beautiful people

I've been lucky enough to get chatting away to the absolutely stunning Mandy Rahm and we have decided to colab!

Mandy is a Makeup Artist, Vlogger and Beauty Blogger from San Diego, and here is her blog for ya'll to go and have a look at Mandy McFierce.




We've both asked each other some questions so you guys can get to know us a bit better!

What does blogging mean to you?
I find writing for my blog to be an amazing creative outlet! It inspires me to think outside the box when coming up with new content and further expands my passion for beauty. I love sharing swatches, tips, & tricks with my readers and I hope that they enjoy them too!

If anyone reading wants to start up a blog, what is the best advice you could give them?
The best advice I could come up with is to build up content before launching your blog. Coming up with content and blog posts is a lot of work and I sometimes do not have the time to post everything I want to share which can be totally disheartening. 

Have you come up against any problems when blogging? How did you get around them?
Like I said above, my biggest problem is carving out enough time from my busy schedule. I LOVE my blog and filming for my youtube channel but right now its not whats paying my bills. Don't get me wrong, I have a fabulous job that I love! I get to make people pretty and play with makeup all day, but between that & school (I go to school for business) its hard to fit everything I want to do in. I totally wish I could add about 5 extra hours to each day!


What is your dream/ where would you like your blog to take you?
For me, my blog isn't the dream. Its a part of it of course and something that I love but its not the whole dream. The dream (the plan) is to one day launch a cosmetics line or open up my own boutique salon. My blog www.mandymcfierce.com and my youtube youtube.com/user/mandymcfierce are a great way for me to connect with people who love all things beauty related as much as I do!


What/who are your top three blogs/bloggers?
I do not really read any specific beauty blogs on the reg, I like to read a bit of everything! I am however, a religious youtube watcher! I am pretty up to date with all things Jaclyn Hill, Shaaanxo, and Lauren Curtis.

With you being a MUA, how do you juggle blogging and a career?

The struggle is real. LOL! No, its really not THAT bad, I just have to plan out my time wisely. I set little goals for myself every week and try not to beat myself up if I do not make them. There is some cheesy but totally appropriate quote I am sure you have all heard of: "shoot for the moon and you will land among the stars". I am human, I know I can't do it all, but I damn well can try!

What is your must have, can't live without product?
I feel like its always changing but right now my absolute, can't live without products, would have to be either Cle De Peau's Mascara or Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade in Taupe. The mascara is cray cray, does not smudge and makes my lashes look amaze balls and of course who doesn't love dip brow?!

Have any tricks you'd like to share?
The biggest secret to beautiful makeup is taking great care of your skin. If you have beautiful skin and you take great care of it makeup just looks that much better! Now of course mine isn't perfect (I mean hello we all get those annoying zits) but I do my very best to take care of it! Even when I am exhausted, and would love nothing better than to pass out in bed with a full face of makeup, I get my lazy butt up and at the minimum do a quick wash + moisturize.

I have loved doing a colab with Mandy, it's been great fun and I would love to do more!!
Make sure you check out all of her links and give her a follow!!!

Are you interested in doing a colab with me?

lots of love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...